Old 20-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Milliebert Milliebert is offline
Registered User

Location: Derbyshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J Dixon View Post
Milliebert wrote:

My real name is Chrissie, and I live in Derbyshire. I moved house last
year to a corner plot and my front garden is much bigger than my small
very badly concreted back yard.

I'd really like to put photos somewhere, and show you all what I am
faced with.

If you don't mind us knowing where you live, then you might be
able to link to Google Streetview for the front.

Because I am on a corner, the garden feels very exposed and I would like
some privacy, and eventually I'd like to be able to use some things
I've grown, like herbs, chillis, garlic, maybe carrots and potatoes?
And definitely beetroot, I could live on that! And flowers, I love
flowers, and hanging baskets and window boxes... the more the merrier!

Are there any existing walls, fences or hedges around the front
garden, or is it all open plan? If there is nothing there right
now, there are planning limits on what you can do, and there may
also be restrictive covenants imposed by the original builder.

Planning Portal - Fences, gates and garden walls

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Hi Chris,

I have fences all round the property. 8' high in some parts, as low as 3' in others.