Old 20-06-2012, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Swarm of what?

Sacha wrote:
I have to disagree that keeping bees is hard work. Inspecting a hive
every two weeks for three months really isn't that arduous. If you see
queen cells forming, you knock them off. If anyone is interested in
keeping bees - and heaven knows we need them in the world - find a
local bee keeping course and go for it! I cannot think of another food
producing, plant pollinanting and therefore human food production
creature that requires less human intervention.

Interesting that you say that. That would have been my opinion until Nick
started keeping bees, and now he seems to spend more time Doing Bee Stuff
than anything else, including sleeping.