Old 20-06-2012, 06:02 PM
LittleSue LittleSue is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden;961655Manchester.
Was it like this....

[url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/Danish-Flag-Poppy-Flower-Seeds-Papaver-somniferum-Red-White-Poppies-15-87-/300604125165
Danish Flag Poppy Flower Seeds Papaver somniferum Red White Poppies #15-#87 670541245170 | eBay[/url]

which has rather grey/blue leaves or was it like a normal wild UK poppy in
habit with green leaves?

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK
Thanks for the link. It was nothing like the Danish Flags. The flowers were like wild poppy shape, not feathered. I'm certain the lower colour went around the whole flower, not a cross or a bit in the middle of each petal. I don't remember the foliage colour but the overall habit was like wild poppies.

From a quick look at that website "Papaver Rhoeas Shirley Poppies Single petal" is the nearest, but not exactly what I remember. I remember the petals being almost tulip-like. Maybe like a cross between #41B- Poppy Seeds Red Tulip Poppies Papaver glaucum | eBay and the red and white example of poppy seeds, poppies items in One Stop Poppy Shop store on eBay!.

I'm not sure now whether the second colour started at the base and worked upwards, or downwards from the top, but there was a clear even line where the colour changed, and it moved up/down gradually during the season.

Didn't realise there were so many different types of poppy - I could get hooked on growing them!