Old 21-06-2012, 11:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bloke Down The Pub Bloke Down The Pub is offline

Default Lemon seedlings.

"Farm1" wrote in message
"rhubarb"
wrote in message
liampenn;962343 Wrote:
I planted 17 lemon seedlings from some lemons I brought from the shop.
Amazingly they have all grown. And are now over 2 inches tall!
I have no prevous experiance in growing lemon trees so any advice would
be much appreciated.
(ps I live in england!)
Thanks,
Liam

Hi Liam,

I have good news and bad news! The good news is, you're very good at
growing things! Growing lemons from seed like that is not easy. The
bad news is that these lemon trees will never produce lemons.

Actually in all probability, they are more likely to produce lemons than
not. Having said that, the climate in the UK is more of a limitation
because it probably isn't warm enough than the plants having been grown
from seeds.

I managed to kill off a couple of citrus trees, the grafted part at least,
I now have to strange lemon trees that bear the ugliest thickest skinned
fruit which although not very juicy have the most amazing amount of zest and
oil in the skins.

I should have dug them out but it was a busy/lazy time and I lived in hope
when I saw the green shoots.

Mike