View Single Post
  #8   Report Post  
Old 21-06-2012, 08:43 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
Hi all, this is my first thread! I'm working on my first Suzuki M120X engine. I picked up an Etesia mower this afternoon. It started well at the sellers house but when I got home it tried to start then the pull cord would pull all the way out without engaging the starter hub. I've taken the starter apart and there's just one pawl/dog. Is this right? There's no dog spring as in parts diagrams and the plastic housing has broken off which is molded to the rope pulley. I've looked on the Bay for Suzuki spares but there's not much about. So I reckon I need a new rope pulley and a dog spring.

Does anyone know a good place to source these parts?

Many thanks
Thanks for your posts guys and girls. I bought it for a good price on eBay with the look to sell it on at some point to make some dosh. Most second hand items are sold as seen. The guy seemed a really genuine seller and gave me a full demonstration when I picked it up. The recoil starter worked fine. I started it once when i got home and it was great but the second time I came to use it, a part inside the recoil must've snapped off or been weakened on the journey back home (bumpy roads on a trailer) For what I paid, it's not worth the fuel back to the seller and the hassle of arguing the point as it worked great when he showed me it.

I've sourced the Suzuki parts I need from Meetens in Gosport.
Thanks all.