Old 22-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Chris Norton

Default Should I immediately repot my new japanese maple (acre)?

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:46:55 +0100, wrote:

Hi,
I've just bought a Japanese maple (acre). Its in a small plastic pot
about 6 inches in diameter. I'm going to sit it in a large clay pot
which I already have (its 40cm in dia).
i know it will look odd at the moment but in a couple of years it will
look great.

Do i leave it in the pot it is in, repot it into one a couple of sizes
up or put it straight into the big pot?

Thanks.

p.s. Will peat compost be ok?

Straight in, water it in and then put in a shady place for it to
recover a little. Don`t disturb the rootball too much if you can help
it.

Peat compost would be fine, personally I`d add a bit of drainage
material just to break it up a little.