Old 21-06-2012, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Foxes scratching holes in our bowing green

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message

We were not absolutely sure that it was foxes as opposed to carrion crows
or other birds which were causing the damage so to remove any doubt
whatsoever I visited the green at about 9.30 p.m. last night and made sure
that all holes were filled and that everything was in order. Then I sat
in the darkness of our pavillion and between 10 pm and 11.15 pm four
foxes, in one instance all at the same time, visited the green and,
although the lighting was not sufficient for me to see exactly what they
were doing at the time, I found shortly afterwards that they had removed
the fillings from two holes without there being a bird or other animal in
sight. Now that we definitely know the cause of our problem I will at
first try the pop bottles and if that fails total disturbance of their
habitat must be an option and maybe the odd visit by a Jack Russell.
Should that not work I may seek the help of our local council.

Lots of luck with getting a council involved. Foxes are not considered
life-threatening here (and they aren't, normally) so no help will come from
there.
You will have to do it yourself.