Old 22-06-2012, 07:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default New to this and looking for tips!!

On Jun 21, 11:03*pm, little mike
wrote:
Hi i'm Mike i'm 31 and i am new to all this and havent a clue about
gardening
I have taken it up as a hobbie to chill out as i have just been told i
have epilepsy and this would help with stress hahahaha yeah right i have
the bug now and want my garden looking good.
Any tips would be a big help please i only have a small garden and i
have also just built myself a potting shead.
One thing i need help with is i am thinking about making a flower wall
but just with ferns, my family and I do a lot of walking and we come
across a lot of wild ones are you aloud to take cuttings or any small
plants or is this a no no?? I have seen you can bag new groth with a
little compost but this would look strange to other walkers.
Any tips or help with this matter I would appreciate it.

Thanks little Mike

--
little mike

No-body can answer a general question like that.
You need to start with easy stuff (not ferns).
You need to decide what branch of gardening interests you and get a
good book.
Someone here wil lalways answer any specific questions you have.