Old 22-06-2012, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default New to this and looking for tips!!

"little mike" wrote

Hi i'm Mike i'm 31 and i am new to all this and havent a clue about
gardening
I have taken it up as a hobbie to chill out as i have just been told i
have epilepsy and this would help with stress hahahaha yeah right i have
the bug now and want my garden looking good.
Any tips would be a big help please i only have a small garden and i
have also just built myself a potting shead.
One thing i need help with is i am thinking about making a flower wall
but just with ferns, my family and I do a lot of walking and we come
across a lot of wild ones are you aloud to take cuttings or any small
plants or is this a no no?? I have seen you can bag new groth with a
little compost but this would look strange to other walkers.
Any tips or help with this matter I would appreciate it.

Welcome to this Newsgroup. Whilst gardening is often quoted as a stress
releasing hobby if you get into it seriously it can have it's moments like
everything else. This year all our peas were eaten by mice, the parsnips
have refused to germinate, the fennel germinated and then got eaten, some of
the carrots got eaten, and nothing other than the brassicas seems to be
growing. We do not feel stress relieved at the moment.
I thought taking plants from the wild was a no-no but don't quote me on
that.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.