Old 22-06-2012, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Strawberries

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 20:35:20 +0100, news
wrote:

In article , Jake
writes
They came from www.gardenbargains.com but are no longer listed there
(I bought them 3 or 4 years ago).

You can read the snipped bits by tracking back. (Sorry Andy but it was
easier to zap the lot!)

The clue is in my post. The recent Which survey rated Garden Bargains
bottom of whatever their list was (I don't know how long that list was
as I'm not a Which member so can't see the full listing).

Going back a few years GB were ok and I had some good plants from
them. Then Ideal World bought the company out. Now, if you watch Ideal
World, you will see their GB gardening expert, Angela Noghani, who has
nails longer than Rachel de Thame and, AFAIK, is merely a
"professional" product demonstrator (you will see her demonstrating
beds on another shopping channel; she used to demonstrate solar stuff
badly on QVC). The stupidity of some of her advice is only beaten by
Gardeners' World. The company has gone downhill and continued
underground when it reached the bottom.

I will never buy from T&M again (that's another story) but I would buy
from T&M before I buy from Garden Bargains which I hope conveys my
current feelings.GB may have some good offers on non-plant stuff but
their plant stuff is complete crap. Their ordering/delivery system is
complete crap (read 14 days as we'll refund you in 3 months). And
their customer service team, via a premium rate number, can't even
speak Banagalore, let alone English, and hence is also complete crap.

But I bought my planters 3 or 4 years ago when things were different.

Cheers, Jake
Ethiopian proverb: When spiders unite they can tie down a lion!

Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay. We don't yet have a
"dah dah dah dah dah dah dee" theme tune but we're working on it.

I can't tell an astilbe from an aranthus
but I can from an acanthus!