Old 23-06-2012, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Help with my girlfriends garden...

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:25:07 +0000, Owen28 wrote:
It seems this is going to be more work than I first anticipated. The
weeds / bits of grass have grown considerably in the last month. I will
start work on it next month when my broken ankle is full healed.

In that case, do yourself a favor and start smothering the grass and weeds
with cardboard or the like (old carpet is good, too, if you happen to be
ripping that out of the house). The less long, live stuff you have to
till through, the happier both you and the tiller will be.

Kay