Old 23-06-2012, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Hungry Birds

Having been back from an extended holiday for a week or so, I've managed
to re-establish my garden as a feeding stop for the loacl feathered
fraternity. However now they seem to be abusing my hospitality with
their voracious appetites.

Usually a tube of seed lasts a day, and niger seed about 2/3 days and
peanuts about 3/4 days, but currently I'm filling the seed 2/3 times a
day, the niger daily and the peanuts every 2/3 days!

I know that they are feeding young at the moment (watched them feeding
on the trelis, then try to encourage the young onto the feeders!), but
I've never had this level of demand before. Anyone else noticed the
extra demand?

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales