Old 23-06-2012, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Deutzia

On 23/06/2012 14:10, David Hill wrote:
Strange how these shrubs are so often overlooked by people.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...Deutziamxd.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Deutzia01.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...tzia02ajpg.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Deutzia03.jpg

All lost lable sorry
David @ the damp and windy end of Swansea Bay

Nice photos, and I couldn't agree more. Deutzia are so uncommon
(although I've seen more recently - a couple in an NGS garden today, as
it happens) that, until a couple of years ago, when I saw Deutzia in
flower in gardens I had no idea what it was.

It's just a shame that they are all - more-or-less - deciduous. Just
think how popular an evergreen, highly scented Deutzia would be!

--

Jeff