Old 23-06-2012, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default New to this and looking for tips!!

In message , S Viemeister
writes
On 6/23/2012 11:13 AM, Phil Gurr wrote:
"chris wrote in message
In , little mike
writes

Under Schedule 2 of the CROW you are not allowed to take any parts of
plants from land you accessing under these rights

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/37/schedule/2

Unless you have the permission of the landowner - which is what I said in
the first place!

Does the legislation mentioned above apply to Scotland, too? I thought
Scots law was somewhat different.

No, I don't think so, just England and Wales AIUI

As you say the access law in Scotland is different, and more 'generous',
since the changes introduced with the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003

http://www.outdooraccess-scotland.co.../your-access-r
ights/

Though I'm not sure what differences there are in respect of taking
parts of plants

--
Chris French