Old 23-06-2012, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Weed torcch - anyone used these?

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 18:07:04 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote in message
Hello,

A quick question really. Has anyone used one of those weed torch gadgets
? - they have a gas can and are like a blow torch on a long handle

I would like to know if they are worth getting , are effective and on
what kind and how big a weed ( or weeds). Are they easy to use?

I have tried countless times to get rid of all sorts of weeds in my garden
with weed killer but the stuff seems to lack guts these days and was
wondering if fire might be the answer.

Thanks for any advice.

I hope not, I just bought glyphosate !
--

If anyone wants the super-strength stuff try:

http://tinyurl.com/6ofepdt

Bigger sizes are available. This eBay shop is "owned" by a company up
north somewhere but I can't remember it's name.

Cheers, Jake
Ethiopian proverb: When spiders unite they can tie down a lion!

Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay. We don't yet have a
"dah dah dah dah dah dah dee" theme tune but we're working on it.

I can't tell an astilbe from an aranthus
but I can from an acanthus!