Old 23-06-2012, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Deutzia

On Saturday, 23 June 2012 14:10:21 UTC+1, Dave Hill wrote:
Strange how these shrubs are so often overlooked by people.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...Deutziamxd.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Deutzia01.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...tzia02ajpg.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Deutzia03.jpg

All lost lable sorry
David @ the damp and windy end of Swansea Bay

This sort of feeds into my thread about the response of people to plants. If they're buying from our local garden centre they will see a little green plant in a 12 or 15cm pot at 3 for a tenner and won't have a clue what a beauty they're missing. That's how we got several of those 'run of the mill' shrubs 2 years ago and they are all big and beautiful now. They are common because they are good and reliable but regarded with scant respect because they are common.
As Bob says folks are generally ignorant about pruning in particular and plant care in general; why? I don't know - perhaps the level of literacy isn't as good as HM Gov think it is.

Rod