Old 23-06-2012, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sweetheart sweetheart is offline

Default Weed torcch - anyone used these?

"Janet" wrote in message
In article , "sweetheart" says...

I have been using roundup and weedol even tried the 24 hr fast acting
stuff
but its all useless.

Are you following the dilution and application rates accurately?

yes, in fact I have even tried using a stronger solution.

I have tried smothering the ground with thick carpet but they grow

through.

What kind of time frame?

The carpet has been on the garden two years. It did supress some smaller
weeds and twitch grass but mostly they have just pushed their way through
in the summer. It was a thick carpet too. I really couldnt believe it.

The commercial ground cover is even more useless.

Since it is stinging nettles and they grow apace in the summer, its getting
out of hand now, I need drastic action.