Old 23-06-2012, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Project ideas [photo attached]

In article , jumanji.a5b8ab6
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...

Hi,

I have an area at the end of my garden that is north facing. If you look
at the attached photo you will see the area from the shed to the fence
needs some gardening work.

I was thinking of planting a blossom tree where the brick work is and
then something next to that (ignore the destroyed rosemary bush!).

The high solid fence limits what kind of tree can grow so close to it;
more or less to the kind of fruit trees that can be trained flat against a
wall. Some of them have pale pretty flowers but only for a short period.

Any ideas on what I could plant here? As it is what you will see from
the kitchen window I wanted to plant something colourful and big to
cover the fence

If you want colour and coverage you might want to consider a climber
instead. You can attach wires to the fence to support it

and potentially provide some cover too.

what other cover do you mean?

Janet