Old 24-06-2012, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kath Kath is offline

Default Hungry Birds

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 12:14:06 +0100, Sacha wrote:

snip

I know that they are feeding young at the moment (watched them feeding
on the trelis, then try to encourage the young onto the feeders!), but
I've never had this level of demand before. Anyone else noticed the
extra demand?

Yes, we have. They seem to be perpetually hungry and are feeding almost
as voraciously as they do in a cold winter. Peanuts are visited by
bluetits and long-tailed tits, as well as sparrows.

It is cold weather here in Sheffield. Most days for a couple of weeks have been as cold as
it was in April.