Old 24-06-2012, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Project ideas [photo attached]

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 03:13:27 -0700 (PDT), aquachimp
wrote:

On Jun 23, 5:15*pm, jumanji
wrote:
Hi,

I have an area at the end of my garden that is north facing. If you look
at the attached photo you will see the area from the shed to the fence
needs some gardening work.

I was thinking of planting a blossom tree where the brick work is and
then something next to that (ignore the destroyed rosemary bush!).

Any ideas on what I could plant here? As it is what you will see from
the kitchen window I wanted to plant something colourful and big to
cover the fence and potentially provide some cover too.

I look forward to any ideas people have, thanks.

|Filename: IMAG0195.jpg * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
|Download:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15097|

Too many straight lines.
Unless you NEED the lawn, curve it round to make bigger borders
especially in the corners. Get rid of the straight path altogether.
I can't see how big the (presumably) patio area is, but you could make
a paved sitting area on the right and use some of the slabs to make a
less severe path by laying them as stepping stones, not in a straight
line. Then you would have much more space to plant if that's what you
want and have a more satisfying garden.
OR, remove one line of slabs, dig up the lawn on the right and use
that area to grow some veg.
It depends what you want from your garden.

Pam in Bristol