Old 25-06-2012, 03:30 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_6_] JB[_6_] is offline

Default Water Lily in a pot

On 6/22/2012 7:09 PM, Grub wrote:
I have a waterlily in a pot that is sitting in a large container full of
water. Can I keep the lily in a pot, will it be okay or does it have to
be out of a pot and sunk in earth in the bottom of the container? I have
noticed that its roots are starting to protrude from the bottom of the
pot.

Is the lily totally submerged? All of my water lilies started out in a
pot at least until the Koi rooted them out or the tuber grew so large
that it rooted out of the pot and into the potting medium that collected
on the pond bottom.