Old 25-06-2012, 06:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_3_] Farm1[_3_] is offline

Default Lemon seedlings.

"natp" wrote in message
zxcvbob wrote:

natp wrote:
zxcvbob wrote:

rhubarb wrote:
liampenn;962343 Wrote:

In any event, your little lemon plants can thrive and may even flower.
But the likelihood of them producing edible lemons is very slim, sorry
to say.
What you said would be true if we were talking about apples. Citrus
often grow true from seed.

What about pear, peach, and Concord grapes?

What about them?

Do they grow true from seed?

I have peach seedlings come up in my garden that do seem to be true to the
parent/s. I've been growing them on and planting them out or passing them
on the friends for years. They are supposedly ornamental flowering peaches
and they put on a stunning show of hot pink double flowers in the Spring,
but we have found that they are also superb eating peaches. They look
disgusting being small and green even when fully ripe but they are THE most
fragrant white fleshed juicy peaches and are simply deilicious.

I have a large garden so have lots of space to keep planting things that
come up from seeds, but if you have the spcae, I recommend giving it a try -
you can always cut it off at the ankles later if you don't like the result.