Old 25-06-2012, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike[_2_] Muddymike[_2_] is offline

Default Weed torcch - anyone used these?

We have acquired a weed torch at a car boot yesterday.
The couple used to run a gardening business. They told us it runs on
petrol! It's definitely got petrol in it anyway!

Apart from looking very worn it's much like
http://www.mowermagic.co.uk/acatalog...me_Weeder.html

More like this perhaps, I run mine on a mix of 20% petrol 80% diesel. I
think its meant to run on paraffin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RMe6bh-zW8

I had a large nettle patch. Cleared it by cutting them down with the pole
hedge cutter, burning once dry, then just mowing the area regularly with a
rotary mower. I added a bit of grass seed in places and its now a reasonably
tidy bit of lawn. The nettles gave up after a seasons regular mowing.

Mike