Old 25-06-2012, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sweetheart sweetheart is offline

Default Weed torcch - anyone used these?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:22:44 +0100, Martin Brown wrote:

Against large scale 10' high nettles ...

When ever have you seen nettles 10'high? The ones growing around the fruit
bushes will get to 6' to find light but out in the open 3 or 4' is the
maximum.

Nettles don't like being cutdown, even the swathes of nothing but nettles
and
a good root matt are much reduced(*) by strimming a couple of times a
year.

ie. A few nettles amongst the grass, rather than 100% nettle.

No its all nettles - and yes, they are taller than the average. Everything
grows oversized here. I have some astors I was told would grow three feet
high in the garden - they are giants at nearly six feet too. But that isn't
so bad.

The nettles have benefitted from the wet weather and the good soil I think.