Old 25-06-2012, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Weed torcch - anyone used these?

"Martin Brown" wrote in message

Cutting them down and then applying glyphosate is just about the least
effective way of using it. Do one or the other but not both at the same
time. The fastest way is a glyphosate hit, then a slash and burn and
finally physical removal of anything that is left. Spot weeding as needed
to remove regrowth (and be aware there will be nettle seeds in the ground
for decades to come). So you will need to hit it every year with a hoe or
weedkiller to prevent new seedlings growing to big plants.

I am learning about glyphosate and I have a question. If one cuts down all
the weeds, and waits for the new shoots and then spray those shoots, would
that be an effective way to treat them?

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/