Old 22-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Kay Easton

Default Maximising Rhubarb Crop

In article , Martin W
writes
What happens when you allow rhubarb to flower then? Does it reduce the crop
and does anyone know why it flowers sometimes. One of my crowns has sent up
a flower this year and it and I only split it from my Dads patch 2 years ago
so its not a well established plant. Will I get seeds from this one and has
anyone grown a crown from seed.

It is easy to grow rhubarb from seed, though it takes about 3 years to
get crowns. If you want a particular variety, it is sometimes easier to
get hold of the seed than a crown.

Once you have a crown, dividing the crown is a quicker way of increasing
your stock.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: