Old 25-06-2012, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default Weed torcch - anyone used these?

In article , sweetheart
writes
I am trying to get it under control now. I did have a gardener in to
repair fences and cut everything down last autemn and earlier in the
spring. I would call him back but I really do not feel able to ask
him to tackle the jungle at the back. Hence I need it under control
before I ask him to maintain it for me.

Then I wont have a problem.

Rather than weed killer why not hire a good strong strimmer, or rather a
petrol driven one. Then go in and cut all the vegetation down to ground
level. It will stop the seeds falling, the plant spreading very fast and
any young growth you can knock out much easier with wweedkiller then.

nettles make very good compost too.
--
Janet Tweedy