Old 26-06-2012, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_3_] Pete C[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone had luck with Brussels sprout plants?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Alan Holmes" wrote

"Baz" wrote
Mine are just turning from redish to green and seem to be growing a bit.
After umpteen attempts.
Same with Savoy cabbage.
I am wondering if it's too late now for them to produce.

The bloody pigeons got to ours before we could!

How the hell can I keep the damned pigeons away?

We bought a Fruit Cage and move it around the plot in our 4 year rotation.
There are other cabbage protection things out there too.

Harrod Horticultural seem to be the leading firm doing such things.

http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/f...es-tcid16.html
--

Not of immediate help, but keep an eye out for building sites. End of roll
yellow water pipe and scaffolding netting just gets thrown away. A polite