Old 27-06-2012, 02:25 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by danni_c View Post
ooh not good then considering i only had garden gloves on!!
this morning my arms werent any where near as itchy, and the rash i came out in seems to have gone down leaving only a few small red marks and bumps ud see from stinging nettle contact.. a friend thinks it might be chaya?
You are posting on a UK gardening forum, so I assume you are in UK. Chaya is a tender Mexican vegetable that is not grown in the UK and is too tender to self-seed as a weed here. Also it has very obvious white leaf ribs on the upper surface of the leaf. See picture of leaf further down the page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaya_(plant)

As the previous material I quoted indicates, giant hogweed contact results in photosensitivity, so it will get better over night, 'cos its dark, and then worse again as you expose the contacted area to sunlight again. Keep the affected area covered with clothing for a week or so for relief.