Old 28-06-2012, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Fly-Midge repellent

On 28/06/2012 09:43, Bill Grey wrote:
"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...

On 2012-06-26 18:42:15 +0100, "RiversideRed" said:

Hi, We are swarmed with Midge and an array of almost invisible white
fly, all brands of repellent seem to only attract
them. Has anyone any tips on avoiding these pests, I have thought of
lighting an oily rag whilst working,but it would probably only choke me.
Mike Northumberland.

Skin So soft by Avon. Seriously. Candian lumberjacks use it!

So do shepherds in the northern Highlands.

works well for some animals too

Has been used with great success on midge troubled horses.

Bill

Is that Lotion or spray on?