Old 28-06-2012, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default Deutzia

In article , Spider
writes
Me, too. I love them. I'm growing them in groups of mixed bi-colours
in order to create a sort of permanent 'Sweet William' effect. Having
great fun! :~)

I can't understand why some of the ones sold for "bedding" aren't used
more as they come back year after year, maybe not so fragrant but very
pretty.
Me i like Mrs Sinkins.
I did once sow a packet of seeds for a gardener who had a rockery and
wanted something pretty on it.
Planted them out only to discover the following year that they were
REALLY tall, about two and a half feet but looked really spectacular on
top of her rockery flowering away for a long time in the summer!
Looked like fireworks.
--
Janet Tweedy