Old 28-06-2012, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default midlands flooding

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 19:20:03 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
Just been reading about more heavy rain and flash floods:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18624085

Hope everyone is OK, and your gardens too.

I was out in my car today when hailstorms started, first marble sized but
then golfballs and torrential rain started. I pulled into the side of the
road. I felt sure my windscreen or the other windows would be shattered as
they hit the car at huge force and some of the hailstones that my neighbour
captured on his phone camera are 3 inches across.
Lots of flooding, I expect most things in my allotment will have been wiped
out.

My car is dented on the bonnet and roof.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-18626837

They mentioned those hailstones on the weather forecast. I thought he
was joking! Nasty.

Pam in Bristol