Old 29-06-2012, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default midlands flooding

On 2012-06-28 23:28:20 +0100, Pam Moore said:

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 19:20:03 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
Just been reading about more heavy rain and flash floods:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18624085

Hope everyone is OK, and your gardens too.

I was out in my car today when hailstorms started, first marble sized
but
then golfballs and torrential rain started. I pulled into the side of
the
road. I felt sure my windscreen or the other windows would be shattered
as
they hit the car at huge force and some of the hailstones that my
neighbour
captured on his phone camera are 3 inches across.
Lots of flooding, I expect most things in my allotment will have been
wiped
out.

My car is dented on the bonnet and roof.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-18626837

They mentioned those hailstones on the weather forecast. I thought he
was joking! Nasty.

Pam in Bristol

It sounds truly horrible. We actually had sun here today for much of the
day, then threatening grey cloud, then sun again. We went out to supper
tonight and driving home could see quite a misty covering to Dartmoor.
--

I have never experienced any hailstones like those. I got away with the
glass (phew) but my car has been dented. Insurance don't want to cover it.

The whole thing sounds a bit horrible, first the experience of the
storm, then the experience of the insurance co! I saw a picture of some
hailstones on the beeb, can easily see how those would do for a car.

Sadly I suspect they wont back down, I've heard the "act of God"
argument before. Especially if you've got a deductible, maybe more
trouble than it's worth to fight it. (Depending on how combative the
personality is, of course! )