Old 29-06-2012, 12:48 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery Davis[_4_] View Post
Just been reading about more heavy rain and flash floods:

BBC News - Flash flooding: Man found dead as downpours cause chaos

Hope everyone is OK, and your gardens too.

In Lower Normandy we are seeing the effects of too much rain on some
plants... while others are very lush after years of spring drought.
Thunder storms headed this way later perhaps, I can see them north on
the radar, looks very heavy indeed. 29C, and very heavy.
We were on a field trip in the Dales last Friday - the day that the Dales had 4 inches of rain. Roads flooded, streams bursting out of the hillside all over the place. Very glad we'd got spare dry clothes in car