Old 29-06-2012, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Kiwi question!

On 29/06/2012 13:28, shirleycatuk wrote:
I have a kiwi plant/vine, have no idea what type as it was one of my
'rescues'. It's been flowering it's socks off and now there seem to be
some tiny fruits. Has anyone got one of these plants to fruit
successfully when they only have one cultivar? Everything I've read says
you need at least two plants of the hardy variety, and this one is hardy
having spent the last two winters outside in a pot.

There are one or two hermaphrodite forms around. The usual one is Kiwi
'Jenny'.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London