Old 30-06-2012, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default midlands flooding

On 29/06/2012 23:25, kay wrote:
'Rod[_5_ Wrote:
;963125']On Friday, 29 June 2012 06:09:51 UTC+1, Christina Websell
wrote:-
I have never experienced any hailstones like those. I got away with
the
glass (phew) but my car has been dented. Insurance don't want to cover
it.
They say it was an Act of God and they cannot be responsible for that.
I say if I pay my insurance money, they should pay up.
What do you think?-

It's about time the OFT had a look at these clauses. It's silly and
iniquitous that companies should get away with such things in these more
enlightened times.
We take out insurance against unexpected events and no unreasonable
exclusions should be allowed in the contracts. Not much point in
'comprehensive' cover otherwise.

Rod

But you have to look at it from their point of view too. They have to be
able to statistically quantify the risks so they can set the premiums at
a level where they can cover all claims and make a profit. If they
can't work out the probability of an event happening, then they risk
going out of business if they cover it. And if they can quantify it, but
the expected loss to them is large, then they'll have to increase
premiums,

According to an Insurance spokesman on "Breakfast" on TV a short whilst
ago he said that those with Fully Comprehensive insurance would be
covered for the Hail damage to cars.