Old 30-06-2012, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] JonH@Underthewagon.net is offline

Default Q: What/Who eats Potato foliage?

At the back of my potato patch (under a tree and close to a fence),
the hulmes of my first earlies (Sharps Express) have suffered
substantial attack by some leaf eating creatures, almost completely
stripping them. My FIL - an octogenarian gardener - was unable to
advise, never having seen the phenomenon.

I note the presence of a fair number of snail shells in the 'bed'
behind the patch which I have left relatively fallow but also where I
have been 'generous' with Bayer pellets.

Any ideas?

Regards
JonH