Old 01-07-2012, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default After the hail

David Hill wrote in
:

On 01/07/2012 11:16, Steerpike wrote:
On Jul 1, 12:18 am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Yes, I have lost quite a lot of plants on the allotment.
Peas are smashed, as are some french beans I planted out last week,
some of the runner beans have suffered, and the spinach has been
uprooted (how?) Only a few sweetcorn plants have survived.
Strawberries bashed

Lettuces laugh at hail, apparently..they are fine. Amazing, isn't
it?

I notice more and more posts on here related to the weather. Does no
one using this group care that predictions made in regard to the
effects of global warming all seem to be pretty accurate, with the
only exception being the process seems to happening a lot faster than
was initially expected?

There is little or no accurate information in the corporate media
concerning global warming, but users of this NG seem to be
experiencing the effects of this first hand, so it seems surprising
no one seems to have grasped the fact that propaganda related to
global warming issued through the corpse media simply isnt correct?

I think that people using this group are more concerned with the
effects rather than the cause, about which they can do nothing.

I think we ARE doing something about it. We have waste bins of various
colours, ours brown for garden waste, red for plastic/poly and cardboard,
blue for paper, and green for glass and metals. We also have a large
black bin for anything which does not fit any of those categories.
Then there are electrical goods such as televisions, PC's, microwave
ovens,fridges and the like, which most people take to the council tip to
get recycled.

20 years or so ago, everything went into the large black bin and went to
landfill and most of it could have been recycled, but it was all left to
rot. Much of it will never rot.

Then there is car sharing to do a trebble whammy. Cut down on fuel
emissions, cut down on the depleting fossil fuel useage which will, in
turn cut down in traffic congestion(which helps the first two). It has to
happen surely? Or get some major public transport policy for towns by the
government.

Or is it too little too late?
Baz