Old 01-07-2012, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Slugs natural food

David Hill wrote in news:a5anjcF7piU3
@mid.individual.net:

I have been wondering why it is that we never seem to find any weeds
being chewed by slugs.
I know that a lot of slugs have a natural diet of dead and decaying
plant matter, but you'd think that things like nice young chickweed
would be nice for them.
David @ the showery end of Swansea Bay

I always assumed that is one of the reasons why weeds survive so well.
I never see any insect damage on weeds either.
Also rabbits prefer my friends brassiccas rather than dandelions on his
allotment.
Some people say that a weed is just a flower in the wrong place. Could be
true I suppose. I have my doubts. I have probably the biggest and varied
collection on this planet :-(
Well, it seems that way.

Baz