Old 22-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default New Tomatoes cut off: What did it?

In article ,
says...
Sounds like cutworms to me. There's no need to put poisons
around to prevent cutworm damage.

You can just encircle each little plant you set out with
something:

- a piece of an empty toilet paper roll
- a round circle cut from a foam cup
- a bit of foam cut from an old egg carton
- a 3 x 5 index card held together with a paper clip

I've always used empty coffee cans (the large size) with the top and
bottom cut out. I push them into the soil an inch or two.

It's also handy for watering. I just fill the can with water and it goes
where needed with no runoff.

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic