View Single Post
  #89   Report Post  
Old 01-07-2012, 11:48 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Sep 2009

[/quote]

Hi All,

At this time my inoculated charcoal Garlic are standing almost 3 feet 6 inched tall and of good girth. The non-inoculated Garlic in contrast are just about the 2 foot 6 inch level and slimmer in girth. I should add that there is no sign of rust on any of the plants. All of my Garlic were sprayed with diluted EM's from an early stage in their cultivation, hence no rust problems.

The first scapes have begun to show, I will allow them to get to 3 or 4 inches long then cut them for use in stir frys and stews. To leave them any longer would reduce the size of the crop.

My potatoes will soon be ready for their second earthing up with the exception of my Congo blue which have been very slow to show through. So far I have spread dried used coffee grounds along the rows of both Cara and Ratte before earthing up and will do the same again.

At this time, finally all 10 of the Congo potato mini-tubers have finally shown through, these were lab created mini-tubers about the size of a large grape or slightly larger. However as I'm growing them as seed stock for next season I will keep the biggest for that purpose.

The watering of the soil pre-season and post-season with neat EM's will I believe begin this process. On going back over my EM database the consensus would seem to be 2 seasons to see the true worth of EM's working their magic within the soil. However soils which are less contaminated will be turned around much quicker.

I have only seen 4 Cabbage white butterflies this season and no Red admiral or Peacock, This is a symptom of the pollution caused by this never ending assault of chemical crop production on the soil.

These are just my thoughts others will disagree!!!

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless onless open

uriel13