Old 02-07-2012, 06:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default "Filing' winter seeds

Finally neatening up my messy seeds. How to save the "winter" seeds
for next year? Radish, bokchoy,
spinach, lettuce, sugar peas, carrots, etc.

Is there any REAL evidence -- not anecdotal -- that storing in the
freezer will preserve viability better than refrigerator or just shelf
storage, esp. during warmish summer and mild autumn.

This is mild Mediterranean climate - So. Calif coastal.

I want to cut down wasting money on seeds, since I often don't use up
a whole packet due to lack of space, and would like to keep for later
if practical.

TIA