Old 02-07-2012, 12:19 PM
jhughe32 jhughe32 is offline
Registered User

Default Help needed on gardening project! Turfing etc. Photos attached.

Hi there, we are working on our back garden and looking to get some grass grown for our kids to enjoy. As you can see from the photos the grass that is left is patchy and weed ridden, so we were thinking of digging it up and laying some turf for a quicker fix than planting seed. The only issue is that the area is on a slight slope, and ideally we wish to raise the slope so that there is no drop down when stepping off of the tarmac paths. We thought we would dig up the current "grass", turn it over, bring in some topsoil to raise the height of the slope, and then turf on top. Does this sound like a feasible option? And if so, can anyone give us advice or tips to improve on that? Otherwise, any other options would appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Help needed on gardening project! Turfing etc. Photos attached.-gardening1.jpg