Old 02-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Mandyw Mandyw is offline
Registered User

Default Problem with sleepers

A few years ago we landscaped our garden and used old sleepers for a wall (4 high). Since then we've had a little boy and now realised that it wasn't the most 'child-friendly' wall. Every time he sits or walks on it he gets splinters; hence we have a problem. We were thinking of covering them with some kind of screening but I'm not sure which would be best. Obviously something like artifical grass would be ideal in terms of softness but it would look silly. I was thinking of possibly heather, willow or thatch screening but can't get to feel them to see if they are soft enough or whether they also produce splinters. Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks