Old 02-07-2012, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Whitetop or Cardaria (Lepidium) draba!

On 02/07/2012 16:14, Jake wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 14:39:27 +0100, wrote:

This is, I believe, the identity of the weed which perniciously invades
part of my garden.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitetop

http://www.unce.unr.edu/programs/sites/tallwhitetop/

http://jennwarren.hubpages.com/hub/C...awn-and-Garden

Sorry for all the links, but this weed has been the bane of my life for
30 years. I *may* be just starting to see its grip loosening. I've
even risked planting that part of my garden again (except for one
corner). Previously, I've never dared move a wanted plant from that
area of the garden to another for fear of spreading it. I dream of the
day I never see another leafy spring rosette. Pedipalps crossed.

Oh dear. TBH, I've never heard of this weed being found in the UK
before. I must lead a very sheltered life.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay. We don't yet have a
"dah dah dah dah dee dee deeee" theme tune but we're working on it.

Can't tell astilbe from aranthus
But I can from an acanthus!

It was in part of my garden when we moved in 31 years ago. I wasn't
aware of it until I decided to turn a lawn into a flower garden. Then
it started to crop up all over that bed. Fortunately, it was
land-locked, so its spread was limited. I've no idea how it got here,
but if leading a sheltered life is a prerequisite to living without it,
I think I'll join a nunnery.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London