Old 03-07-2012, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Slugs natural food

On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 18:19:11 +0100, Spider wrote:

That bucket must reek after 5-6 wks. Double yuk!!

Surprisingly, not at all apart from an aroma of salty water.

I've also seen slugs chomping merrily on their dead cousins. Although
snails don't appear to do it, slugs most certainly tuck into dead snails
with relish (No, I don't put out ketchup for them!).

It can be fun if a hedgehog just beats me to the gathering. Hogs are
noisy eaters but they'll vacuum up half-a-dozen sluggies in seconds.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay. We don't yet have a
"dah dah dah dah dee dee deeee" theme tune but we're working on it.

Can't tell astilbe from aranthus
But I can from an acanthus!