Old 03-07-2012, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Beetroot

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I've given up on them. I'd sowed them three times, wondering if the seed
was bad, so my bro sowed a new packet from a different seed merchant on
the allotment and also at his home.
His home beetroots are up an inch, no sign of them on the lottie.
I think they might have been washed out by the rain.

Mine on the allotment don't seem to have done much.
The backup ones for filling in gaps are doing O.K. in a pot at home but
possibly too large to transplant now and could well grow to full size in the
pot.
Not a good year all round.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder