Old 03-07-2012, 12:06 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Websell View Post
I've given up on them. I'd sowed them three times, wondering if the seed
was bad, so my bro sowed a new packet from a different seed merchant on the
allotment and also at his home.
His home beetroots are up an inch, no sign of them on the lottie.
I think they might have been washed out by the rain.
Could be slugs. They are very good at nibbling the first emerging soft shoots so that by the morning you are unaware that anything grew, and are left with the impression of non-germination.