Old 03-07-2012, 11:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default "Filing' winter seeds

Brooklyn1 wrote:
I planted some left over mammoth sunflower seeds I had saved from last
year and after two weeks none germinated. I rushed out and bought a
new packet, a big $1.49, and after six days they began to stick their
heads up, I'm hoping that there are enough days left this season for
them to mature even though they are only used to feed birds. Don't be
a cheapo *******, buy new seeds each year.

some cheapo *******s are planting a lot of seeds. if i'd
run out and bought seeds for each planting this year i'd be
set back about $150 (even if they were available locally --
many weren't). as it turned out my worst germination this
year has been with some of the store bought seeds.

songbird