Old 03-07-2012, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Beetroot

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

I've given up on them. I'd sowed them three times, wondering if the
seed was bad, so my bro sowed a new packet from a different seed
merchant on the allotment and also at his home.
His home beetroots are up an inch, no sign of them on the lottie.
I think they might have been washed out by the rain.

Give it another go, the weather is just so right now.
I keep thinking about giving up this year, but when I see allotment
gardeners sowing seeds of carrot, turnip and brasses, I get all excited
again. One last try from me, and I have said it before a few times I know.
A final attempt.Futile attempt? Possibly, but you never know!
A quid or 2 and a bit of work, who knows, you could be showing beetroot at
an exhibition near you.

Good luck and best wishes.
Baz